Wednesday 12 October 2011

Food Society Evening



Last year, at Liverpool John Moores Univeristy where I study, a few of us started a Food Society. Now, being in our 3rd year, we've taken a back seat to running it and the year below has taken over. Tuesday night saw the first event of the academic calendar. A hotpot evening. 

For those of you that may have noticed in the pictures, it wasn't a traditional hotpot. More of a scouse (a Liverpudlian lamb stew). Nonetheless, it was very tasty. The lamb was melt-in-the-mouth. 

But, I'm gettng ahead of myself... 




There were a couple of guest speakers from FoodCycle. They're a (very new) charity that tackle food poverty by collecting surplus food from supermarkets and give it out to communities in need of help. I recently wrote about food waste here and I'm very much in favour of reducing what we throw away. 

I know that FoodCycle are looking for more food donations, and help with logistics. So, if you can help in anyway or have contacts I'd urge you get in touch with them. Even if you can just get word out about the charity.




Cupcakes. Always cupcakes. There was apple and blackberry crumble too, but I'm like a magpie. I'm easily attracted to bright, shiny things. 

LJMU Food Society are also on Facebook and Twitter.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea for a student society and the cupcake looks and sounds amazing. Good charity too, will look it up.

    ReplyDelete