Sunday, 4 March 2012

Harissa Pork Loin Steak and Dissertation



This is my finished dissertation on food blogging, as viewed on 10% zoom. A thing of beauty, I'm sure you'll agree. 




It's been the vain of my life since September, but I'm pretty proud of it. I may put it on here at some point because some of you helped me with it by letting me poke at your brains with research questions and sticks.
I can't wait to print it off later this evening. Then I'm taking it into Liverpool tomorrow or Tuesday to get it bound properly. We have the facilities to do it at uni, but honestly, I can't be bothered to stand there and bind 80 pages twice (we have to hand in two copies). Plus I don't fully trust myself to do it right.

Unfortunately, the end is not quite in sight. I still have a new product development report to do and some work experience with The Liverpool Cheese Company. 

Love cheese.

Oh, and hopefully I'll have some really exciting news to tell you this week. But shhhh for now.




Harissa paste is Tunisian, and full of spicy flavours. And as it turns out, quite difficult for me and Tesco to spell. One R and two S's, or two R's and one S? Or are both spellings acceptable? 




This is one of those recipes that can take minutes to cook, but if you want the flavours to penetrate right into the meat, it's definitely worth letting them play together for a few hours.




Harissa Pork Loin Steak

Serves 4

2 tsp Harissa paste
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
4 pork loin steaks or pork chops
Couscous and vegetables to serve

Combine the Harissa paste, soy, and maple syrup and rub into the pork until it's all well coated, then allow to marinate for at least half an hour (ideally a few hours). Grill or pan fry for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and nicely golden. Charred bits of fat are a bonus. 


5 comments:

  1. I love harrisa paste! really nice with cous cous too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the first time I've tried it. Originally wanted to use miso paste, if that even exists, but I couldn't find any.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing your dissertation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete