Sunday, 25 March 2012

Burger, Zombies, and Meatball Subs



This past week has been a little different for me. Not just the usual constant uni work (though that will shortly be returning). 

In my last post I forgot to mention that I was treated to lunch (the burger, above) at Inglenook Farm with Vickie and Ian from The Liverpool Cheese Company. So, thanks guys x




Then, that same day, Billy came down to spend the weekend with me. And he brought me a present. Because we didn't think we'd be seeing each other until after my birthday next month, he gave me an early present. The Walking Dead. 

I've been addicted to the TV series, which has just finished its second season. So I can now get my fill of zombies and apocalypse on a daily basis.  





On the Saturday, we went to Bygone Times Antique Centre. I was particularly looking for a mould similar to the one used by 101 Cookbooks. I found one that was ok, but not really what I was looking for. 

Half way through we took a break for a brownie and cookie (that we shared) and a milkshake. 




I think Billy likes coming to stay with me. It must have something to do with the food. 

A few weeks ago, I bought a couple of packs of meatballs. One of which I'd been saving to make for Billy. Inspired by Food Stories' meatball subs (in turn inspired by Subway). 

I cheated a little and used a shop bought sauce. But I did add (a lot) of garlic and a little chilli to it. 

It was awesome. 






This is the view I had when I was working in the kitchen at uni last week. Just thought it looked pretty.




Finally, at the end of the week, The Liverpool Cheeses Company asked me to help out at the Waterloo Beer Festival. It was in a deconsecrated church, one side of which was covered in barrels of beer. Our stall stood on the opposite wall, next to a pie stall and a load of cider. 

I think I did pretty well resisting the beer and pies.




Hope you're all enjoying this great weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment