Tuesday, 21 February 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award



Well this was unexpected. And on the night of the Brit Awards, I almost feel like I'm a winner. 

Thanks to Sam from Pistachio and Rose. I've not even been blogging for 12 months and didn't think anyone took that much notice of me. So I do really appreciate it Sam. 

According to the rules of the award, I have to mention seven random things about myself. Hmm... where to start?

1. When I was in little (about 5 years old?) I had my one and only part in a school production. Joseph in The Nativity. I had one thing to do - walk across to the nativity scene and sit down. That was it. No words. Nothing. My costume was a potato sack which was really really itchy.

2. My first ever concert was Wet Wet Wet. Yes, I'm that cool.

3. My first cassette tape (à la 80's style) was Jive Bunny and The Mastermixers.

4. My first CD was Chicago.

5. I love books. Most of the time I'm a slow reader. I'm obsessed with collecting cookery books and I'll tend to get them from car boot sales and charity shops. Some of my favourite non-cook books are Moab Is My Washpot, The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night, The Tao of Pooh, and The Tragedy Of Miss Geneva Flowers. I also like graphic novels. The last book I read was I Am Legend and I'm currently reading One Day.

6. Anyone who knows me on Twitter will recognise one of those books as the inspiration for my username.

7. I'll pretty much try any food at least once. Whether I think I'll like it or not. The only thing that has made me actual want to vomit is frog legs - but I think that's because the person who cooked them was a bit rubbish. I'd like to try them again.

Next up, here's 15 bloggers that I'm awarding The Versatile Blogger Award too:

















Add the award to you blog.
Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
Mention 7 random things about yourself.
List the rules.
Award to 15 bloggers.
Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for my award Gary! I'd like to thank my mother, the whole team.....oh not better stop there - hee hee! Will get round to this later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can put it above the fire place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooo-el! Thank you so much Gary. I haven't won an award for anything since I was a kid. My mum is going to be so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're both very welcome. It's the first time I've done something like this or even received one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that rubbish person who cooked the frogs legs wasn't me in first year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I'd forgotten about having them then, too. Don't worry, it was a chef I once worked with. Is that what you cooked in that class? I got the pig's feet, tail and head.

    ReplyDelete