Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Best Burger and Fries, West Coast Rock Cafe



Situated in the centre of Blackpool, West Coast Rock Cafe is a very unassuming Mexican bar/diner. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that Billy had heard good things about it (or that Pizza Hut didn't have the buffet on), we would never have gone in.

But, I assure you, if you go there you will not be disappointed. 

Yes, maybe the decor could do with a bit of TLC (it looked a bit like a run down youth club) but the food more than makes up for that.

For starters, Billy ordered potato wedges and I opted for the Ribs n' Wings. We we're very hungry and when they brought the food out it was a big plate of wedges for Billy, and half a dozen ribs and three chicken wings for me. Portions were certainly generous.

And this is what a King Kong burger looks like...




Each: two burgers, two cheeses, ham, bacon, and sausage. It was a mammoth task to eat and involved a precision attack. Undoubtedly in the Top 3 burgers I've ever eaten - along with one a vaguely remember having in the South of France and another in Rockerfella's American Diner in Liverpool. 

The fries were also unbelievable - the best I've had in a very long time. They had a crispy exterior, coating a soft inside. 

Hope you all had a fun and happy Christmas. 

And, I wish you all the best for the New Year x


3 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a good burger. Sometimes I hate to see a burger on a menu--then I have to order it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I am a total sucker for a burger. I might have to wean myself off them!

    ReplyDelete