Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Pancake Cake

I'm keeping this post quite short because I think the pictures speak for themselves. All I'll say is, "You must try making this cake!". I've included a link to the original recipe at the end.

When me and Billy saw this on Jamie Cooks Summer, we thought it'd be the perfect thing to follow up our last cake with. With pancakes, chocolate, nuts and cream it's hard to imagine a better cake. 


For the most part, I let Billy lose on this by himself. I hung around the kitchen taking photographs and giving some guidance, as he doesn't do much cooking.

In the original recipe, Jamie says to use a small frying pan, but I don't have one. So, we used a regular one. This just meant that the cake was wider but not as tall as Jamie's. We also used mixed nuts instead of just the hazelnuts or brazil nuts stated.

Jamie Oliver's Pancake Cake recipe is here

2 comments: