Sunday, 21 August 2011

Easy Rhubarb & Custard

Rhubarb and custard, what a classic combination. As a child, these were one of the few sweets I liked. I don't know if that's weird or not. Anyway, I picked up some reduced price rhubarb from Tesco with the idea of doing something similar to simple prune sponge cake, but I've done so much cooking today I wanted something that involved minimal effort. Cinnamon, star anise and, of course, ginger would all go well cooked with the rhubarb.
Ps. Don't shout at me for using shop bought custard. Mum keeps buying loads for my nieces but they never use it.

Easy Rhubarb & Custard

Serves 3
400g rhubard, chopped (as pictured above)
3    tablespoons caster sugar
Custard to serve

Preheat oven Gas 6 (200C/400F)

Place the rhubarb in an oven-proof dish and sprinkle evenly with the sugar.
Cover with tin foil and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the rhubarb is just starting to lose its shape.
Spoon into serving glasses and top with custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment