Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Stir-Fried Vegetable Noodles



I saw a recipe in Good Food Magazine for Stir-fried noodles and beansprouts, under the heading "Simple Sides", and I thought to myself "Hmmm, that's be nice as a main with a few strips of sirloin steak thrown in.

So, off to Tesco I trotted with this in mind. I already had some things such as noodles, oil and soy sauce so I had down on my shopping list spring onions and beansprouts. Now, at this point I should also have noted down steak, but alas I forgot. However, upon walking into Tesco I said to myself, "Must not forget steak!". Guess what happened :(
Luckily, though, I had bought a green pepper and a red pepper, and so Stir-fried steak noodles turned into Stir-fried vegetable noodles.
Although, steak would have been a welcomed addition to the dish, I don't think it suffered for lack of it. And its always healthy to be kept on your toes in the kitchen and to compensate in dishes where an ingredient is missing. Quite often it makes you try new things and experiment and, whether the dish turns out well or not, new culinary experiences are learnt.


No comments:

Post a Comment